WordPress 4.7.3 Security and Maintenance Release
Thursday, March 9, 2017
WordPress 4.7.3 is now available. This is a†security release†for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.
WordPress versions 4.7.2 and earlier are affected by six†security issues:
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via†media file metadata. †Reported by†Chris AndrŤ Dale,Yorick Koster,†and Simon P. Briggs.
- Control characters can trick redirect URL validation. †Reported by†Daniel Chatfield.
- Unintended†files can be deleted by administrators using the plugin deletion functionality. †Reported by†xuliang.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via†video URL in YouTube embeds. †Reported by†Marc Montpas.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via taxonomy term names. †Reported by†Delta.
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) in Press This leading to excessive use of server†resources. †Reported by Sipke Mellema.
Thank you to the†reporters for practicing†responsible disclosure.
Download WordPress 4.7.3†or venture over to Dashboard ? Updates and simply click ďUpdate Now.Ē Sites that support automatic background updates are already beginning to update to WordPress 4.7.3.
If you have the Greenix360 WordPress Maintenance Plan, don't worry, we'll handle it for you.