Welcome to Greenix360! Congratulations on signing up for a hosting account with us.
Step 1: Determine Your Needs
Getting started with your web hosting account is not complicated. The first step is determine what you need to do.
- Do you already have a web site or are you starting from scratch?
If you're starting from scratch, go to step 2 below.
- Do you need to transfer your web site from a previous host?
If so, Greenix Hosting can help you with that.
Simply contact us by submitting a ticket with the subject "Transfer" and we'll start the process.
Once the transfer process is completed, proceed to step 3.
Step 2: Uploading Your Web Site
You can begin uploading to your account now by using an FTP Client or cPanel's File Manager.
- If you are using an FTP client, put in your site's IP address under the "FTP address" field. Use the username and password sent to you in your welcome email. FTP typicall runs on Port 21.
- Once your FTP is connected, go into the "public_html" folder and begin uploading your site. To replace the default place holder page, you must upload an index.html in all lowercase lettering or delete the page and replace it with your own index page.
- Please note that by default, you do not have an email address setup with Greenix360r. You will need to configure this yourself in cPanel (link below).
Step 3: Change Your DNS
In order to get your web site working, you must change your nameservers. This is an easy, but necessary step you must follow to get started.
- If you registered your domain name with Greenix360 during signup, we have taken care of this step for you.
- If you have registered your domain name with another company (i. e. GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc.), follow their tutorials for changing your nameservers.
Once your DNS changes have been made, it takes roughly 24-48 hours for your web site to start resolving to Greenix360 servers. To avoid downtime during the move, please read our moving page. If it takes longer than two days for your web site to start working, please contact our support team.
Step 4: Note These Useful Links
"Before propagation" as it is defined below is the point between when you sign up and when the changes to your name servers take effect (usually about 24 hours after you change your name servers).
- "After propagation" is once your site is up and running normally.
- During propagation you should use the "Before propagation" format.
|Place:||Before Propagation:||After Propagation:|
Be sure to replace the information in blue with the information from your welcome email.
Step 5: Get Help
Greenix Hosting is here by support tickets and with phone support during business hours.
Looking for immediate answers? Check out this informative knowledge base.
If you feel your issue is more complicated and more technical than an average knowledgebase answers, we suggest that you submit a support ticket. Immediately after you email our support team, you will receive an email confirming we have received your request and that the issue has been placed in our 24/7 support queue. If you do not receive this email, we may not have received your support ticket. You can comfirm this by logging into your client portal to see if your ticket is appearing.
We do have a few suggestions for using our ticket system:
- Only submit one ticket per issue. If you submit multiple tickets for the same issue, it slows down the support process.
- Always be sure to include your primary domain name, username, and as much detail as possible. If a login or URL is needed to duplicate the problem, please include that as well. The more detail you provide to our administrators, the faster they can resolve your issue.
Step 6: Manage Your Billing
You will be billed automatically for your web hosting on the appropriate date after your purchase was completed (i. e. if you pay monthly, you will be billed monthly on the day of the month that you signed up). If your bill is not paid in a timely manner, your service will be interrupted.
To manage your billing, manage your orders, view invoices, change your primary email address, etc., please go to your Client Portal.